Bearded Iris in Sunset Light!

Bearded Iris in Sunset Light!

Sunset over my little village of Novar

Sunset over my little village of Novar

Another glorious End of The Day on Horn Lake

Another glorious End of The Day on Horn Lake

Lake of Two Rivers, As the mist rises. Algonquin Park

Lake of Two Rivers, As the mist rises. Algonquin Park

Tranquility on Smoke Lake at Sunrise, Algonquin Park

Tranquility on Smoke Lake at Sunrise, Algonquin Park

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chaos!


I'm sure anyone who has travelled through Algonquin Park, has stopped for a so called" Kodak Moment" at this very spot on Smoke Lake, it's right before you turn to go on Arrowhon Road and the ministry float plane hanger....Well my last visit over a week ago was a sad one, a huge white pine at that very point has fallen to it's death....one of my header shots above shows the way it use to look ( the 3rd. header down) there is still a single pine but it just doesn't have the fullness now.....I love the chaotic tangle of these roots and I believe the B&W version is the best format to appreciate them......
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Chris said...

Yes well done on the black and white, it goes very well!

Linda said...

Great B & W!! You certainly captured the severity of those roots....There is sort of a loneliness fallen upon them. I love it Susan! Also, the panoramic effect works very well here.

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

Sad to hear about the tree. When I saw this photo in thumbnail I thought it was a picture of snakes. Thank goodness it's not! (Not that there's anything wrong with snakes, but you know, they're icky first thing in the morning when you're having coffee.) Nice pix!

Jenn Jilks said...

Beautiful shots, as always!