Bearded Iris in Sunset Light!

Bearded Iris in Sunset Light!

Sunset over my little village of Novar

Sunset over my little village of Novar

Another glorious End of The Day on Horn Lake

Another glorious End of The Day on Horn Lake

Lake of Two Rivers, As the mist rises. Algonquin Park

Lake of Two Rivers, As the mist rises. Algonquin Park

Tranquility on Smoke Lake at Sunrise, Algonquin Park

Tranquility on Smoke Lake at Sunrise, Algonquin Park

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The National Art Gallery

I enjoyed a weekend away in Ottawa visiting my Sister and Brother-in-law and capturing some architectural shots for our photo club's theme. This one appeals to me the most, this amazing sculpture of this huge arachnid compliments this stunning glass building...wished I had clearer skies but then the shadows would have been so harsh.....
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Ryan said...

Excellent pic! I still can't get over how great those three pics are at the top of your blog. =)

The Average Joe Fishreman

You can never take too many pictures said...

Thanks Ryan, that is the beauty of our Algonquin Park...and I am so fortunate to live so near....it doesn't matter what seasaon, there is always some type of exciting shooting to be had there....or fishing!!!!!

Chris said...

Wow that's a very nice composition. I would never had thought about it.. Splendid...

Linda said...

Hi Susan! Your opening pictures are beautiful! I love how you composed the Art Gallery and that huge spider.... yikes! LOL It looks like something from a Sci-fi movie. The design of the gallery is so interesting. Looks like you had a wonderful time! Awesome photo, I love it, thanks for sharing! Cheers, Linda :-)

You can never take too many pictures said...

Thank You for your comments Chris and Linda....I can't say enough how important they are to me....it was a fun shoot!!! and for once there were no long lines of people in the way....so I had the freedom to compose the shots....

KaHolly said...

Amazing shot!! Such contrast. I just love your header photos!

KaHolly said...

Hi Susan, stopped back by to see what you're up to! Guess you are busy with your Thanksgiving preparations!! Hurry back with some of your delicious pictures! ~karen