Bearded Iris in Sunset Light!

Bearded Iris in Sunset Light!

Sunset over my little village of Novar

Sunset over my little village of Novar

Another glorious End of The Day on Horn Lake

Another glorious End of The Day on Horn Lake

Lake of Two Rivers, As the mist rises. Algonquin Park

Lake of Two Rivers, As the mist rises. Algonquin Park

Tranquility on Smoke Lake at Sunrise, Algonquin Park

Tranquility on Smoke Lake at Sunrise, Algonquin Park

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mystery Bug, What Are Thou????

 
 
 
We were quietly sitting around our campfire this past weekend and suddenly I notice some movement on my left, and behold is this very interesting and unusual little Caterpillar on my camp chair. Now has anyone out there seen such a creature before and know what it is or what it turns into????? I was amazed by it's little white raised lumps and bright red head, it was so cute to shoot as it kept raising it's head towards me. When I zoomed in it did look a bit scary at first.Would appreciate any feedback, and Thank You in advance.....
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tammy said...

I've never seen one...hmmm...you'll have to make another post when you figure out what he becomes. I love that first shot...kinda reminds me of a Chinese dragon.

The Kayaks belong to my son. The green one he is in is an Old Town Angler (made for fishing) and the orange one I was in is a perception sport. They are both single person kayaks.

Lisa said...

Great macro shot. He is interesting.

You can never take too many pictures said...

Thanks Girls, Well since he was let loose in the yard at our trailer park, I won't see what he changes into....sad to say!!!!

We rented Perception Kayaks this spring and fell In Love with them...so nice to shoot out of it!

Susan said...

Don't know what he is but, boy, he's gorgeous. He definitely wanted his photo taken - not at all camera shy ;-)

You can never take too many pictures said...

I found out what he or she is...it's the larvae of the Tussock Moth...I guess he's not one to touch...he's very toxic, the hairs secret a substance that will cause a rash on most people. He plays havoc on some of the ornamental tress found in The Eastern Region's forests. It also says The Gypsy Moth has a similar larvae....Mystery Over!!!!!